Friday, April 25, 2008

"I feel it in the changing winds" (Jimmy Buffett's words, not Lisa's)

I hate my job. I hate factory life. I took one of those quizzes the other day on rating your "burnout" level. If you scored over 65, it said you were in a SERIOUS DANGER ZONE!!! I scored 82. A couple of weeks back, a coworker and I were giggling at work about a hostage crisis. Let me first say that we were cracking up...neither of us owns a firearm or knows how to use one...I don't even kill spiders...I'm basically harmless but am equipped with a bad temper. Anyhoo....somebody overheard us and turned us in to Human Resources for threatening to shoot people. I was humiliated..but now that the quiz told me I'm dangerous, maybe I should be worried! Just kidding. Really I'm just working on my degree in social work so that I can escape factory life. The career option for sitting on the beach fishing and smoking dope isn't coming up, so college at age 37 seems to be my best option. I need change. I need some thrills. After nine years of a hideous ex-wife in the mix and a group of disgusting stepchildren digging into my sanity and dozens of financial tragedies and homeowners nightmares, it's time for change. I work with this fruitloop who claims to be having a midlife crisis. I don't think that is me. I think I just need some fun. I took my husband to see "Jesus Christ Superstar" last night. Good gracious! How old is Ted Neely anyway?????? That was a start. It was Mr. J's first rock opera and we decided that we need to do more stuff like that. I'm thinking.....should we go to space camp or just check out a different book at the library. So far this week, the biggest thrill besides Ted was the fact that Weight Watchers frozen meals were on sale at Krogers at low, low price of $2.00. Damn...I think I might have peed my pants from the excitement!!! I think that Mr. J and I need to get out more.

No comments: