Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Inaugural Post

This is my new blog. I've never had a blog. At this time last year, I didn't know what a blog was. I had to ask my friend Rosie to tell me what a blog was. Now here I am...blogging. I feel so trendy! Really, I don't feel trendy. I feel like finding a place to vent. Rosie started her blog after she was diagnosed with breast cancer. Lots of folks (myself included) have read her space on the web diligently and came as close as they could to experiencing her trials along the road to recovery. I have found this fascinating and have come to the conclusion that my own trials should be posted for all the world to see and maybe, just maybe...they might become less trial and more adventure.
The trial at hand right now in my little world has to do with my stepchildren and the scourge of humanity called the ex-wife. There are other ways to describe this ex-wife, but I will choose to keep my blog family friendly! I think that is is very important that people start to hear about the struggles of fathers in the child custody world and I'm afraid it will be difficult to be unbiased and politically correct. This means that if you are a bad mother seeking out to financially rape your ex-husband and to form a chasm between him and his children, then you will only be offended by this blog so please stop reading and walk away now!
I am sure that anyone who reads my posts will hear a lot about stepkids and the ex-wife. They are the main reason for initiating this online window to my world and they tend to dominate what I am ranting about most of the time. The ex-wife (I'll call her sheet serpent...oops that isn't family friendly...how about DNA dumpster...nope, still not rated "G"...okay, let's refer to her as Imelda (in reference to another famous scumbag chiseler).
I'll set the stage by giving the reader's digest version of things as they stand and in further posts, I'll add in the details. It'll be like a soap opera...woohoo!
My husband and I live in Indiana. We are middle class manufacturing employees living in the suburbs with way too many pets. There is a golden retriever, a chocolate lab, a tuxedo cat, a stripey cat, two bunnies, and a bearded dragon. We attend a Baptist church and we are the only sober Jimmy Buffett fans in the free world. Right now, my 19 year old stepdaughter lives with us and my 16 year old stepdaughter will be moving in after next week's custody hearing. My 15 year old stepson used to live with us. He moved out in January after he got caught stealing. There was also some suspicion that he was using drugs (duh....he was selling all his stuff and losing weight at a rapid rate). Upon his conviction by his dad, "B" decided that it would be easier to move in with his mother in Appalachia where he could be free to participate in an assundry of illegal activities with her blessing than it would be to stay here and face consequences.
So here we are, awaiting a hearing.....the lives of stepkids in the balance. That is all for my inaugural post. Come back soon for more!

No comments: